Saudi Arabia Says No Hajj for Outsiders in 2020 - Islanders Magazine

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday, 22 June 2020

Saudi Arabia Says No Hajj for Outsiders in 2020


Monday said only residents of the country will be permitted to undertake the annual Hajj pilgrimage next month.

The country said the measure was necessary to combat the spread of coronavirus, which has already infected over nine million and killed over 405, 000 people worldwide. “It has been decided that Hajj for this year (1441 H/ 2020 AD) will be held whereby a very limited number of pilgrims from various nationalities who already reside in Saudi Arabia would be able to perform it,” Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah said in a statement. “This decision is taken to ensure Hajj is performed in a safe manner from a public health perspective while observing all preventative measures and the necessary social distancing protocols to protect human beings from the risks associated with this pandemic and in accordance with the teachings of Islam in preserving the lives of human beings.” A few countries had earlier announced their withdrawal from the pilgrimage this year.

No comments:

Post a comment

Post Top Ad